Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Handle With Care


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Handle With Care
By Jodi Picoult
Publication Date: March 3

From Publishers Weekly:

"Perennial bestseller Picoult delivers another engrossing family drama, spiced with her trademark blend of medicine, law and love. Charlotte and Sean O'Keefe's daughter, Willow, was born with brittle bone disease, a condition that requires Charlotte to act as full-time caregiver and has strained their emotional and financial limits. Willow's teenaged half-sister, Amelia, suffers as well, overshadowed by Willow's needs and lost in her own adolescent turmoil. When Charlotte decides to sue for wrongful birth in order to obtain a settlement to ensure Willow's future, the already strained family begins to implode. Not only is the defendant Charlotte's longtime friend, but the case requires Charlotte and Sean to claim that had they known of Willow's condition, they would have terminated the pregnancy, a statement that strikes at the core of their faith and family."

I haven't read everything Picoult has written, but I loved My Sister's Keeper and The Pact. I wasn't a huge fan of her most recent, Change of Heart, but I'm looking forward to her latest release next spring.

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Leave a comment with either the link to your own "Waiting On" Wednesday post or just your answer (if you don't have a blog).

21 comments:

Sandra said...

I haven't read this author but she sure handles some difficult issues it seems. My first Waiting on Wednesday is posted:
http://freshinkbooks.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

MySharonAnne said...

Oh Jodi Picoult! It looks so good.

here is mine:http://sharonlovesbooksandcats.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday_31.html

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I haven't read any of her books either, but I think this one sounds really good. This may be a good one to start with. Happy New Year Jill!

Alea said...

Here is my answer!

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Here's mine!

http://southerngal-lisa.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wedneday-roanoke-by-margaret.html

Ink Mage said...

Here's mine.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'm waiting for that one too. I've enjoyed everything by Picoult that I've read.

gautami tripathy said...

I liked Salem Falls by Picoult. It is better than The Sister's Keeper. I have read 8 books by Picoult.


Here is mine!

Anonymous said...

Her books are a little too heavy for me, usually.

Mine’s here.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

I'm a bit behiind in my Jodi Picoult reading but this sounds like a good one.

I picked a suspense thriller this week, here it is

asdfjkl; said...

I just did my first Waiting on Wednesday! Here's a link:

http://inthecurrent.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html or click here

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I really like The Pact, but haven't read anything else by her.

http://www.linussblanket.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday-kings-fool.html

Shonda said...

I've been patiently waiting for Handle with Care since I attended her book signing in March. It sounds like it will be a great read.

Here is my post:

http://memybookandthecouch.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday_31.html

GirlwiththeBraids said...

This is a great idea, Jill! I am just starting to do Waiting on Wednesday on my blog. Here is the link:

http://readingtomyself.blogspot.com/2008/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Happy New Year, Jill!

I haven't read ANY Picoult. May need to change that this year. Any suggestions for one?

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

This -does- look good!

I have *My Sister's Keeper* waiting on the shelf for me (picked it up at a "Friends of the Library Sale" this past summer), I just haven't gotten to it, yet!

Happy New Year, Jill!

Dawn
She is Too Fond of Books

Kali. said...

Here's my first Waiting on Wednesday entry:

http://www.kayleesbookshelf.blogspot.com

-Kaylee.

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
darbyscloset said...

I love Jodi's work too! I haven't read all her works yet what I've read has been great! Have you read my sister's keeper...unreal!
I'll be in line to buy Jodi's newest book!!!!
Talk to you later,
Darby
darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

Les said...

I think you'll enjoy Picoult's latest. I read it earlier this month and finally got my review posted here. I'll be anxious to hear what others have to say about the book. It was quite a page-turner!

AMB said...

Ambbet Game เว็บสล็อตยอดนิยม แจกเครดิตฟรี เว็บไซต์ที่ให้บริการสล็อตออนไลน์ เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ SUPERSLOT สล็อตออนไลน์ ครบทุกค่าย ครบทุกเกม เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย เอาใจคอสล็อตงบนน้อย กับโปรโมชั่นสุดพรีเมียม เเจกหนัก เเจกจริง เพิ่มคลิกที่นี่