Sunday, December 28, 2008

100th Post!


Six months, 100 posts...! Yea! What a way to end the year!

I started this blog on June 9, just on a whim, and quickly got hooked on tracking what I read. Who knew it would be so much fun?

I launched "Waiting On" Wednesday on August 20 to spotlight soon-to-be-released books that I'm much anticipating. My thanks to everyone who participates in this event! I hope you're having as much fun choosing your weekly selections as I am.

When I started back to work full-time in August, after working from home for the past five years, my reading (and, subsequently, my posting) took a hit. But, I've started to discover my rhythm and how to balance 40 hours a week in the office again with the rest of my life. Wow. How quickly I forgot how to juggle it all.

I'm re-learning how to make it all work, so you'll see more posting, and more reviews, in 2009.

I really appreciate everyone who follows Breaking the Spine and takes time to visit and comment! A special shout-out goes to Trish at Hey Lady! Whatcha Reading? for being the first one to comment on my blog and offer such a warm welcome into this amazing community of book bloggers.

10 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!

Serena said...

Congrats on the 100th post. I hope you had a great holiday!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Woohoo on your 100th post! I really enjoy your blog. Keep up the great job you're doing with it.

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on reaching 100 posts! I am hoping to settle a more comfortable rhythm with my blogging this next year as well. Fingers crossed it works out!

I do enjoy reading your blog and am so glad that you are a part of the book blogging community.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Congrats Jill! Isn't it amazing how quickly they add up? I really enjoy your blog and also in participating in "Waiting On" Wednesdays. I look forward to seeing what '09 will bring! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 100 posts is quite an accomplishment :) Looking forward to the next 100, too!

Kaye said...

Kudos to you,kiddo! It's a lot of work but a lot of fun now you've done 101! Great way to start the new year.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Congrats on 100 posts, Jill! After you mentioned Trish as leaving the first comment on your blog, I had to go back and see who left the first on mine (Kathleen - aka kegsoccer)

I'm especially impressed that you've been able to not miss a beat with going back to work!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I enjoy your blog very much.

I've also joined the Blog Improvement Project for this year, too.

avisannschild said...

Congrats, Jill! I started blogging around the same time as you (in July) and also just recently posted my 100th post (but forgot to mention it on my blog).

Happy New Year!