Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Salon: July 27


It's hard to believe I'm saying this, as a newspaper junkie, but in the few weeks I've been a part of the Sunday Salon community, I have been leaving the thick Sunday paper languishing in the yard until I've had my fill of book reviews with my morning coffee. It's incredibly relaxing to read about what other people are reading...I think it's a perfect way to begin the day.

Here's what I read this week:

1. Time Is a River by Mary Alice Monroe (review here)

2. The Condition by Jennifer Haigh (review here)

I'm almost done with House and Home by Kathleen McCleary...I have heard so much about this book, and I'm eager to throw my thoughts in the ring.

Up next: How Far Is the Ocean From Here by Amy Shearn

3 comments:

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Sometimes I get so full of all the bad things that are written in the paper, that I just need to take breaks from it and honestly, I'd much rather read what other book lovers are reding and their thoughts. Another newspaper will be there tomorrow with more bad news. It's nice to have you here at the Salon! I'm also looking forward to your review of House and Home.

John (@bookdreamer) said...

Lost all appetite in newspapers over the years. Mainly they have got too big and as in and around policy/politics don't want to read work at the weekend. Much refer to catch up on book reviews view the blogs

My Blog

Marie Cloutier said...

I know what you mean. I love flipping through the articles and seeing what everyone's up to. We don't get a Sunday paper anyway! :-)